On June 22 we welcomed 100 ESL teachers for a live tour of our Student Placement Test 2.0.
The tour was long overdue! A couple of months ago we made a major upgrade to our student placement test when we released ESL Placement Test 2.0. In short, we took our existing grammar-focused ESL placement test (V1.0) and added the option to include Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking assessment to the test.
As always, our student placement system provides you with a Gap Analysis and Individual Learning Plan that is unique to your student’s results. For V2.0 of our student placement system, you now have the ability to edit these Learning Plans to better meet your students’ needs.
Enjoy the Live Tour and Q&A of our Student Placement Test
What we covered in the session:
- A bit of background on how teachers currently use our student placement test – primarily to develop Individual Learning Plans for their new ESL students
- A bit of background on why we added Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking Assessment to the new version of our student placement test – primarily to create a more robust assessment of your students’ ESL ability
- Some of the feedback we’ve received from teachers to date
- A detailed live tour, showing you the perspective of both how a teacher assigns the test and how a student sits through the various sections of the test
- A detailed Q&A to take up your feedback on the test and answers any questions you had
ESL Placement Certificates
Our student placement test is complemented by another new feature on Off2Class – ESL Placement Certificates. When your students sit our placement test, you now have the opportunity to print, branded placement certificates for your students. These are a fantastic tool to keep your students motivated to learn with you!