We’re excited to announce that it’s easier to teach and manage group ESL lessons at Off2Class!
It’s back to school time – at least in the northern hemisphere – and we have some exciting news at Off2Class. Group ESL lessons are now enabled!
First, a bit of background
Last year, we started working with many classroom ESL teachers. In other words, teachers in classrooms who use Off2Class lesson content to deliver group ESL lessons. We’ve been delighted to be a part of such an exciting learning environment. For example, the Central American Refugee Centre provides group instruction to adult refugees on Long Island, New York. From a K12 perspective, Xiamen International School in China uses Off2Class to guide English Language Learners from all over the world. We’re now inside classrooms in 50 countries!
The transition into the classroom has been exciting, but we knew something was missing
Many classroom teachers found that the platform was a bit tricky to use for large student rosters. We’re excited to announce that teachers can now:
- Group their students into classes on their student management panel. This way, when launching a group ESL lesson on Off2Class, all students in a session can be logged in with one simple click
- Manage rosters and attendance by overriding a class enrolment with a simple de-enroll process
- Assign homework to an entire class with one click, or use this feature to assign group self-study, learning plans
Of course, once inside the classroom, we’ve also optimized the way our group interactivity tools work:
- Teachers can disable the classroom chat by applying a setting on their profile page, especially useful with younger learners who may misuse the chat function!
- Teachers can disable the editing feature of the lesson content by using the right-click menu, a great idea if too many students want to type at once!
- Annotation tools can be shared with one student at a time, which is great for class exercises
You can review these features on our group ESL lesson tutorial here.
We’ve also updated our pricing plans to better reflect teachers providing group ESL lessons
Since March 2015, our pricing plans had remained the same. The Light, Medium, and Heavy Packages (2, 4, and 15 student accounts respectively) suited our independent tutors. Now that we work with such a large variety of ESL educators, we’ve had to adapt. We’ve replaced Light, Medium and Heavy with Standard Teacher and Premium Teacher, both of which can be purchased with a 2, 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 active student capacity.
You can purchase our Standard and Premium Teacher plans on yearly or month-to-month billing. Additionally, we’ve increased the discount applied to annual billing to 40%. We understand that many classroom teachers don’t teach continuously over 12 months, and we’ve implemented the 40% discount to reflect this.
There’s more to come!
This is only the first of our set of features to better support teachers providing group ESL lessons. We have a lot more in store for the 2018-19 academic year.