As many of you know, our lesson content is designed for adolescents and above.
Despite this design, many teachers in our community adapt Off2Class for young learners. We also receive consistent requests for young learner-focused content.
Lately, we’ve been surveying our teacher community to understand some of the strategies that they use to adapt Off2Class for their Young Learners. In addition, some members of the Off2Class team have extensive experience in teaching Young Learners both online and in the classroom.
As a result, we thought it would be fitting to present a webinar on How to Adapt Off2Class for Young Learners to share some of our findings.
How To Adapt Off2Class for Young Learners, by James from Off2Class
In this webinar, James covers strategies on how to use our content with your Young Learners. More specifically:
- Reasonable expectations on session length when staging our lessons for young learners
- Saving your session progress as a bookmark (if you need to come back to the same lesson)
- Adapting content using our live, ‘right-click’ features
- Using our canvas feature to import your own custom content, to pair with the lessons (e.g. YouTube videos, images and discussion questions)
- Sending your custom-built canvases to students, for review after class
We’d love to hear from you!
Have you adapted Off2Class for Young Learners? Or, do you have experience preparing content for your Young Learners? Tell us your strategies!
We’d love to hear about your experiences. Please jump in on the conversation below. How do you like to use our lesson content with your young learners and what strategies do you use to adapt the content?
In the future, we’d love to prepare content that is designed for ESL learners under twelve years old. Obtaining as much teacher feedback as possible will help us in this journey. Please share some of your young learner teaching tips with us below!